Criteria and Selection Process
|Learning for Life Programme
|STEM Applied Learning Programme
- Outward-looking, with awareness of, and concern for, community needs
- Are / have strong potential to be influential, with strong communication and people skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Curiosity with a keen interest in areas such as robotics
- Proficient in Mathematics and Science
- Passionate in STEM-related disciplines
|Very good conduct in Primary 6 or last attended school.
|Good conduct in Primary 6 or last attended school.
|Record of active participation in at least 1 CCA in Primary 6 or last attended school for at least 3 years.
|Applicants who have achieved at least a B in either Mathematics or Science at the last school-based examination (or equivalent).
|Has held Leadership position(s) in class/level/CCA/school in last attended school.
|Applicants with good track of service to the community in at least one of the following:
- Participated actively in community service activities (beyond minimum requirements) as a result of passion to serve the community
- Exemplary service to school in environment conservation efforts
- Exemplary service to others in the school community
- Initiated and led a meaningful project for the class/level/CCA/school so as to improve the class/level/CCA/school
- Other suitable involvement
|Applicants who have at least one of the following:
- Participated or achieved in STEM-related competitions or enrichment programmes, in particular the application of ICT in the areas of Drones programming and 3D modelling.
- Participated in a STEM-related CCA in primary school. (e.g. Robotics Club, Science Club, Infocomm Club, Computer Club, Game Designing Programme, Singapore Youth Flying Club, Inventions Club)
Shortlisted applicants will be informed to attend an interview to further assess the applicant’s suitability.
Note: Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/be given an offer. The decision of the Interview Panel on the DSA-Sec application is final. The school reserves the right not to release the reasons for non-selection of applicants and/or the results of the aptitude test and the interview.
Application and Selection
|04 May 2023, 11 am to 31 May 2023, 3 pm
|26 Jun 2023 – 11 Sep 2023
All applicants will apply for DSA-Sec through a centralised DSA-Sec Portal.
Parents of applicants from MOE mainstream primary schools may log in directly to https://go.gov.sg/apply-dsa-sec
Parents of applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools are to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. For instructions, please visit https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1-4.
Given the prevailing national posture, the school will be conducting in-person selection for both DSA talent areas for 2023, with the prevailing safe management measures (SMMs) in place to ensure the safety of students and staff. Adjustments to SMMs will be made according to the national posture during the selection period. The selection period for schools for DSA-Sec is from 26 June to 11 September 2023.
LETTERS ON THE OUTCOME OF SELECTION WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL DSA APPLICANTS BY 11 SEPTEMBER 2023.